Saturday, July 11, 2015

Fia Sco & The Majestics - The Big Heat / You're My Sugar
Rhythm Bomb Records



Fia Sco & The Majestics released this two song 7" on Rhythm Bomb Records last year, but I'm review it now because I just discovered this band
from Vienna and feel they deserve a little attention.

On Side A, the first song "The Big Heat" is a hand-clapping, swinging number with no intro, we get right into the song. Fia's vocals put you into a time machine and take you back to an era between the 40's and 50's, like a mix of Peggy Lee and Janis Martin. You can say that about many Rockabilly and Swing bands today bringing the classic sound, but Fia Sco & The Majestics really feel like something from the era. This is a fun song that will definitely get you on the dance floor!


Turn the record over on Side B. The next song "You're My Sugar" brings you back a little further with the 40's Country / Western Swing / Hillbilly Boogie sound and again, you feel like you're there, maybe at a hootenanny and dancing on the barn dance floor. The steel guitar dominates the song and you can't help but wiggle your shoulders as Fia sings "you're my sugar, you're my baby". Not that I'm admitting I wiggle my shoulders, just saying one would to this song... anyways!

This is a band I would love to see play in the states, maybe at Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend in 2016? We'll see!

Too bad this is only two songs (and Out of Print) but you're in luck, actually I too am in luck because the fine folks at Rhythm Bomb Records has Fia Sco & The Majestic's thirteen song album titled You're My Sugar (including "You're My Sugar" of course) which you can purchase at the online store. Fia Sco & The Majestics also released this year a new 7" single titled Boom Boom / Garbage! Pick that one up while you're at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment