Friday, May 8, 2015

Sean Coleman & The Quasars - "I'm A Man" 



People say Rock 'n' Roll is dead (and in a way it is with all the crap that comes out these days labeling themselves as Rock 'n' Roll), but after one listen of New York-based rockers Sean Coleman & The Quasars, you're going to think differently and feel that Rock 'n' Roll has never left. 

Now I'll admit, I actually don't own this record as I don't own a record player (crazy, I know). However, I have heard all three of these songs and all I can say is (and excuse my French) but holy @#$%ing shit, this is good! This is how I like my Rock 'n' Roll to sound; no gimmicks, just great musicianship.

I had the pleasure of seeing these guys at the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend and they blew me away. Definitely one of the highlights of the whole weekend. With Sean Coleman's razor sharp vocals, the powerful riffs of Mick Hanson on guitar, thunderous saxophone by Jay McMahon, Jeff Feinberg constant energy on the bass, and Kevin Hudson pounding the skins like no other, this band is meant to be seen live!

The title track on Side A "I'm A Man" hits you like a ton of bricks, you immediately start bobbing your head and play air guitar (well that's what I would do). On Side B, the song "Count On Me" is a great stroll number and my favorite on the record. You'll be singing "Baby, baby, baby you can count on me" in your head all week. The last song "Ruckus Juice" is a booming number that should get you dancing on the floor and maybe start a couple of fights at the bar. Either way, this is a best way to close out the record. My only criticism is that it's not enough, I want to hear more!

If you're living or even visiting New York, do yourself a favor and catch these guys at a club near you, and pick up this record while you're at it. 


Here are a couple of photos from their set at Viva Las Vegas.


                     




No comments:

Post a Comment